1. Hug someone.
2. Mono-task, as opposed to multitasking.
3. Go for a walk, run or swim or any other sport.
6. Play a game. Sudoku, crosswords, scrabble, whatever.
7.Cover your eyes with an eye pillow. Allow your anxious eyeballs to feel like they’re floating rather than gripping.
8. Drink a cup of hot tea. Or iced if that makes you feel better!
9. Play with your pet.
11. Turn off your electronics. Enjoy the quiet.
12. Soak in a bath.
14. Take a 5-minute break to clear your mind and breathe.
15. Enjoy the outdoors.
16. Progressively tense each muscle, holding each for 5 seconds then releasing.
17. Take a whiff of a favourite soothing scent, maybe citrus or lavender.
18. Clear off your desk or clean out the drawers of your dresser. De-cluttered can equal destressed.
19. Indulge in a massage.
20. Soak your feet in Epsom salts.
21. Listen to your favourite music.
22. Light a candle and watch the flame flicker.
23. Write in a diary.
24. Talk to a friend.
25. Make everyday activities more meditative. Like walking, for instance. Rather than rush down the hallway, place one foot in front of the other and really feel your feet ground into the earth with each step.
26. Unplug (or turn off) your phone.
27. Strive to take deep breaths to reach the tight spaces of your body – try to feel your breathing in your lower back and your shoulders.
NB: Feel free everyone to add to list…